H&H Body Shop was honored to be chosen and presented at the Clinton High School basketball game as “Friends of the Program” by the CHS athletic department. H&H Body Shop has provided their customers with a full line of body repair and mechanical work since 1960 and has proudly supported CHS athletics for 54 years.
Warm breezes, flowers sprouting from the sleepy ground and an urge to flip on the AC as the sun heats up the car’s interior can only mean one thing. SPRING! Whether you love the warmth or crave colder temps, it’s time to wash that layer of salty grime off your trusty ride and give it a good inspection. Below is a checklist by ASE (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence) to help ensure your vehicle is ready to take on any adventure you dream as the temperatures begin to soar.
• Check the owner’s manual for it’s recommended service schedule.
• Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. checked before the hot weather sets in.
• Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to owners manual instructions. The level, condition and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
• If you are not a do-it-yourselfer, have your vehicle checked by a repair facility with ASE-certified automotive technicians.
• The tightness and condition of belts, clamps and hoses should be checked by a qualified technician.
• Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.
• Change the oil and oil filter as specified in the owner’s manual. (Properly dispose of used oil.)
• Replace other filters (oil, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended.
• Check the condition of tires, including the spare. Always check tire pressure when tires are cold.
• Inspect all lights and bulbs; replace burned out bulbs.
• Replace worn wiper blades and keep plenty of wiper solvent on hand to combat summer’s dust and insects.
Although it isn’t any drivers favorite topic, eventually most drivers will experience the inconvenience and chaos of a collision. One minute your belting out the lyrics of your favorite song and… BAM!, you’re involved in a wreck. But don’t fear, being prepared with the proper steps immediately after a collision will help to ensure your safety and keep dollars in your wallet as well.
First, try to keep calm and make sure everyone involved is as safe as possible. If your vehicle is drivable, move it out of direct traffic. This keeps you and your car safe from being hit once again by a distracted driver.
Next, call 911 to get emergency help and medical help if necessary. Calling for an ambulance is a good idea to make sure everyone gets any medical attention they may need and this will also guard against fraudulent medical claims relating back to the wreck.
In the meantime, do not discuss the accident with the other party or witnesses involved even if you feel the accident was your fault. This could lead to exaggerated claims against you or your insurance company.
You will want a police report and contact information, license plate numbers, insurance information and make and model of cars involved in the wreck, as well as, contact information from any witnesses. If you have a camera on your phone, taking a photo of the damage on each car is a good idea for reference.
If your vehicle cannot be driven, have it towed to the collision repair center of your choice. And don’t forget to call your auto insurance provider to report the accident as soon as possible. H&H Body Shop in Clinton is a high quality collision repair center offering the latest auto repair technology to get your car back on the road in peak condition. The professionals at H&H will work with your insurance provider to make the process as smooth as possible and get your rental car quickly.
This article was written for informational purposes only and should not replace the advice of a licensed attorney. H&H Body Shop assumes no legal liability for the advice in this article.
Before hitting the road this Christmas season with your most precious cargo in tow, be sure to have your car inspected by a trusted technician. The professionals at H&H Body Shop will inspect your car from brakes to battery to keep your vehicle in top condition for the road trip and cold weather ahead. We wish you a very, Merry Christmas and safe travels from our family to yours.